Monday, April 14, 2008

La la Monday, Monday!!!!









Look at these precious pictures. My nephew Christoper and his beautiful wife Kim stopped by on their visit to see my sister in Blaine. They brought Nevia...our great niece...and Emily, Richard and I ooooohed and aaaaahed all over her. It was a magical visit. My nephew and his wife are such awesome people. I am very proud of them. I know how busy they are. It meant so much to have them take the time to bring Nevia to see us. My heart was so full the entire time they were with us. Watching my nephew tend to his family was quite moving and his wife is a tender, sweet Mommy who so is refreshing, calm and confident.


And the baby...I cannot tell you how magical it was to have a beautiful, wise baby in the house. She is amazing (I know...all babies are amazing...but this one is pretty special). I can't even begin to share with you the emotions I felt when Richard picked her up and began playing with her. It was as if I was watching one wise soul speaking to another. She saved all her grins and giggles for Uncle Richard and we all watched in awe. Emily was the photographer....and I think she caught the absolute miracle of the moments with Nevia. It was a blessed afternoon with them.

As most of you know....I spent four days away at an art retreat called ArtFest! This is a huge event (600 in attendance from all over the world) and I had made reservations to go way before Richard got sick. I won't write about the details of the time there (Maybe I will write all about it on my other blog) but I must tell you about "the going", my reasoning and my feelings while I was away.

I am learning the importance of taking care of myself as we progress through this journey. To that end I felt like it was almost mandatory that I go to ArtFest. I felt like I needed to immerse myself into something totally different than what has been going on in our lives recently. The decision to go was not an easy one.......and up until we left I still was feeling unsettled.....but at the same time I knew it was important for Rick and I to spend some time apart. The message to Rick was such an important one...."I believe that you are well....and that you can take care of yourself, our home, the animals, etc..... I see you as capable and strong." That message was equally as important for me.

I had a blast at ArtFest. I was surrounded by loving friends the whole time and I met many amazing people. But....whew.....I missed Richard, our home and our family. Dana and Emily were with their Dad (thank you guys....I love you both so much!!!!) and when I spoke to Richard I could tell that he was having a great time.....but oh my gosh....I missed him, them!!!! I loved my time away. ArtFest is known to be life changing and exhausting. I came home very tired but very anxious to put my arms around my husband. The homecoming was heavenly.

I will write more later.....lots to share....but for now the sun is shining.....Jamaica is barking at the door and I want to get this posted.

I love you all! Blessings!

Sherri






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful seeing those two connect in a way that involves no words! love you guys!
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

lisaa said...

It is amazing and heart warming to see the connection that nevia and Richard have!! She is all smiles with him and sososo pretty! I bet that once Nevia is older she will have Uncle Richard wrapped around his little finger! In light of current circumstances it is so nice to see something so simple and beautiful as the unconditional affection of a beautiful baby!!