Sunday, May 11, 2008

Home.. at last

We made it how about 3:00 PM on Saturday afternoon. Dana served as the driver which gave me a wonderful break in the back seat to snooze an listen to the delightful chatter of my loved one's coming from the front. We were checked out and home in no time after a stop at the Swedish pharmacy for my medications. Dr. Foltz was wonderful stopping by sometimes twice a day to check on us us and admire his stitching job on my head . of which he was VERY proud! This photo was taken while I was in the ICU the evening of the surgery.

I am feeling great.. as you might imagine, the right side of my head feels puffy and sore and I have trouble hearing out that right ear.

I want to thank everyone for the kind and thoughtful words and energy you have sent my way. It really has helped me helped me make it through this experience.

My deepest love and gratitude to all.

Richard

8 comments:

deb did it said...

WELCOME HOME RICHARD, there is no place like HOME SWEET HOME. And WOW, what a beautiful smile you have! Rest and be well, love, Deb in Texas

Rene said...

Welcome Home Richard. I have had you in my thoughts for the last week and anxiously awaited your post! I am so glad things went well and I truly hope things will turn out wonderfully. You are in my heart!

Trueda said...

Richard,

How wonderful that all went well and that you are back home again! I wish you a speedy recovery and pray that the Gliadel wafers wipe out the last of the cancer cells.

love,
Trueda

Buteoj said...

So glad you are home and healing!
Puppette and the Doxies wish you two paws up and the humans wish you love and the best.
Be well.
C & K in NY

Grandma Lise said...

Woohoo! Glad the surgery went well and you are home again.

Lisa P.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home and keeping you both in my prayers.

Love, Elaine

www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnshattuck

www.caringbridge.org/visit/bettywilliams

Anonymous said...

Richard, So glad to hear that you are back in the comfort of your own home. Nothing like it I agree. Keeping you close in thought and prayers daily. Heal!!!!!!Love, peace and Hope, Michele Webb w/o John 46 yr AAIII new tumor in the brainstem .www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnwebb

Anonymous said...

I swear I can see 'Made in the USA' in amongst those stitches!!!! ;) So glad you are home...you sounded FABULOUS on the phone...can't wait to get together to celebrate another VICTORY!!! love you guys,
Joanne