Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The MRI

I'm taking a few moments away from Richard, his Dad and his Dad's wife in order to fill you all in on what we found out yesterday at the Doctor. I'm very sorry to report that the news is not good. The MRI showed two areas where cancer cells of infiltrated Richard's brain. In addition, there were two tumors that we could clearly see but that at this point seem to be inoperable. Richard, Pam and I were immediately in shock. We had all been working so hard on being positve and believing in our collective power of prayer.....but this type of cancer appears to be very cunning and persistent in its attack.

The Neurologist will call our oncologist and discuss these findings. We are scheduled to see our oncologist on Monday morning at 9:00. We are anxious for that appointment. The Neurologist indicated that there were other chemo. combinations that could be used and that he felt confident that one would be available to us. So we WAIT until Monday.

I will write more later.....but now I am needed to help plan our day. Please hug one another and know that we love you deeply.

Love Sherri

This is very to the point.....but I'm trying to stay in that mode for a while......protection I believe?

9 comments:

deb did it said...

thank you Sherri for your boldness, and prompt bravery. We all love you and stand firmly with you. Hug Richard for us all.

Anonymous said...

please give Richard a soft hand and a smile for me. w.a.taylor

Grandma Lise said...

Thanks for keeping us posted Sherri. My thoughts are with you both.

Lisa P.

Helen Campbell said...

We're holding Richard and you in our prayers.
Helen & John

Anonymous said...

My darling friends, please know you are in our thoughts and prayers...

with much love
Joanne and Kevin

Anonymous said...

Sherri,

You do whatever it is that helps you and Richard deal with the events of the moment. Don't worry about us, your readers. You guys come first.

love,
Trueda

Anonymous said...

Sherri,
You are so brave, I understand the place you and Richard are in right now. Keith and I are there too. I am praying for strength, courage and comfort for you both.
Nancy Wilkinson wife of Keith GBM
St Louis MO

Unknown said...

Thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

I always have you in my thoughts-you're never alone in that respect. In the 30 years I've known you Sher, you've always been strong and brave and now is time to "loan" some of that strength and braveness to Richard.

With much love and many prayers,
Lisa A.