Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Garden!

It was a beautiful day in my garden. When I am out there I feel like I am tending to Richard. He loved this house. He loved this yard. He loved the property. It was something we created together. I just wish that he had more time to enjoy it. I believe that now I am enjoying it for both of us. It's a lot of work....but I absolutely love it!!!!

I made a new garden bed for Richard. He loved dahlias and I love roses...so that is what I have planted there. It also holds his grapes that he planted the first year that we lived there. These roses are breathtaking. I think I have six rose bushes in all.

This Bee Balm is taller than I am and just full of bees humming away. It is radiant from our deck and smells heavenly.
Mali loves to help me garden. She, Jazzy and Mia the cat are always near. They always find a little piece of shade.


How can I be anything but happy out with all the wonderful colors of nature. I have a wonderful friend, Wes, who comes every week and helps me around the property. I couldn't keep this place without him. Wes has worked for Richard and I for years and years. He is the brother of one of my most dear friends, Tracy. He and I are very proud of all our hard work.
This property holds Richard in its arms. He was so peaceful, even when he was the sickest, just sitting and looking at the trees and flowers that surrounded him. I am so glad that he and I got to have the time we did here. We found an even deeper love here on East Maplewood.
I just wanted to share this with all of you!
Blessings,
Sherri













































































































































1 comment:

Suzie said...

Your garden is beautiful as are the memories of Richard.