Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nursery Rhymes!

I love Nursery Rhymes. I spent Saturday night with my "borrowed son's" baby, Sydney and I found myself singing her little baby tunes that I magically remembered. They come back to you if you hold a baby for long enough. All of a sudden I said the Humpty Dumpty Nursery rhyme and BOOM!!!! I realized that that should be my theme rhyme right now. I finally totally get Humpty Dumpty.

I had a huge fall....recently.....it took 1 1/2 years but when I landed I was totally broken apart.....and now slowly.....with the help of my friends, doctors and children I am learning how to put myself back together again. It's a tedious process...but slowly I am beginning to at least see a shape that I can call my own.

Richard has been gone for six months....and my heart still hurts as if the last time I kissed him was yesterday. The thought of him warms me so. He is my hero. And is still helping me see my own strength, goodness and path. He continues teaching...everyday. He is a miracle.

I am thankful that I have started doing my art again. Soon I will post some of my visual journaling pages so that you can see what I've been working on. I've also been working feverishly on my garden and down by our creek. I feel so wonderfully close to Richard when I am tending to the garden. He loved it here. He loved this home and he loved showing it off. So I am taking care of him by taking care of it.

This is just a short post but I wanted you to know that I'm doing OK. Richard is loving us all....and we are carrying him very close.

Blessings,

Sherri

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sherri
Glad to hear you are putting it back together again. Wow...that was a cool analogy, very fitting.
I am an old friend of Richard and I have a cool idea (well, I think it is anyway) for you and Richards blog. Contact me and I will share it with you. kaydeescorgis@msn.com
Take Care! Kim

Cheryl Ford said...

You are an amazing Goddess!!! You continue to inspire me. I love you. I miss you. Stay well. Cheryl

deb did it said...

I can't wait to see your art again! My heart is happy knowing you are still flying!!