Saturday, August 16, 2008




O.K......I know.....it's an interesting look for me...but we were working around the house and I thought I needed to see what we really looked like on a day that we PRAY that no one stops by. I mean.....I'm trying to get my hair a little longer and phew...in this heat it drives me nuts and sometimes I have no other choice but to tie it up in a rag! Very interesting!!!! So now I've posted it to all of you so if you accidently stop by when I'm all a mess...I won't scare you off!!!! But...the important thing is that I think you can see our happiness and love for one another. I LOVE THAT...it even shows when I'm not too attractive!

Well.....it's been a long time since I have come here to write. I guess this past two weeks have been a little more difficult than others for us......not horrible....we've just been sosososo busy with family events and then this past week neither one of us has been feeling great. Time keeps flying.....I'm having a hard time prioritizing and getting things done.

Last week was my beautiful Mother's 90th birthday!!!! My niece, Kamee, her husband and three of their six children came up for the week. Kamee is only four years younger than me and we're very close. We always have packed weeks when she is here.....visiting, going to the beach, eating way too much, shopping, sharing, laughing. We ALL had a great time!!!!

We had my Mom's birthday party at our house and it was really fun......very hectic....lots of people....but lots of loving too!!!!! My nephew and his wife and their little girl Ruby were able to join us....all of my sister's and their husbands were here, a friend of my Mom's also came....it was a full house. But it was so joyful to see ALL the generations together and we all loved watching the kids playing and laughing. It was a celebration!!!! Thank you to both of my sisters for helpng sosososo much.

Richard's "feeling crummy" from chemo has worsened this past week. His joints and muscles are aching so badly he can hardly walk. He's also been experiencing terrible episodes of "chills" that make him so uncomfotable. So far ibuprofen has been the best thing for all of these "ickies" and lots of rest!!!! He hates having to take little naps all day.....but we are learning to go with it. It's been very hard on him for sure!!!! I feel so helpless and of course worried. When I see him shuffle in pain I get scared that it's something beyond chemo effects...but I do alot of "self-talking" and stay as calm as possible. I don't think either of us will ever get use to this walk we're doing. Everything....every ache, bloated feeling, lapse in memory, moment of agitation....all feel scary and out of control for both of us.

I hate to complain....but my own health issues have flared up this past week too!!!! I get these horrible mouth sores as a result of some of the medication I take for my rheumatoid arthritis. They are so incredibly painful.....I just can't even explain it!!!! They are huge and make everything very difficult...like talking, eating, drinking, smiling, breathing......you get the point!!! Anyway it's been a very difficult few days with these and I'm still struggling. I use a mouth rinse that has been suggested by my doctors and pain medication but it just wears me down. I still struggle with how to "do" my own illness while living in the middle of Rick's horrible illness. We're quite a team....that's for sure.

In spite of all of this we went camping for a couple of days. We decided that we could feel horrible in our motorhome just as well as we could here and that maybe a change of surroundings would be a small diversion. We went to Deception Pass and we had a wonderful time. Our friends, Helen and Jon Campbell met us there for one night and then we had one night alone. It was beautiful!!!!!!



See Mali being a camping dog. They love going on our trips. I love having them although it is like having three two year olds around!!!!!!!!!!! Look at that motorhome/toy house!!!! It's so cute!!!!!


Jamaica is actually the best little camper we have.....just put his bed down and he is cozy and ready for a nap!!!

My gosh!!!! I love this man so much!!!!!!

Well I hope that this post finds you all happy and peaceful. Rick and I know that we are surrounded by angels. Thank you for sharing your light with us. We LOVE you!!!

Blessings,

Sherri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed at how you two rally in spite of your health difficulties--getting the most out of each and every day. You two are awesome and I know you are surrounded by angels every moment-I know I pray for that and for your well-being. Love that "mini" RV--it sure seems to bring you some well-needed respite!

Lisa A.

Mary Stanley said...

just stopping in say hello and sending hugs and love your way.
You both are such an inspiration...touching and funny and educational all at the same time! love you,
mary

Anonymous said...

Just to let you both know we continue to hold you in our hearts...and encourage you to keep living in the moment...something you both do so admrably! Each time I read your blog I learn more about how life and love is supposed to be! Bless you both!

Love
Joanne and Kevin