Thursday, August 28, 2008

On Our Way!

Well.....Today is the day for the MRI!!!! We're leaving at about 1:00 since our appointment isn't until 4:00. We are going all the way down to Swedish so that the MRI is done on the same machine as the last one in order to compare results more accurately. This is always a difficult time for people in the cancer world. So much rides on these results.

As I've said before, we call this time Pre-MRI Syndrome (PMS) since stress levels for everyone seem to increase. It can be seen in a variety of behaviors...eating way a lot before you know it, having two glasses of wine instead of just one, inability to remember one's name, moving from one task to the next without finishing the first, asking your beloved every five minutes, "How are you feeling?", and having difficulty staying away from scary thoughts. It's difficult, but like everything else on this journey, we get through it.

Unfortunately we probably won't hear the results until our next chemo appointment on Tuesday, September 2. That seems like forever away!!!!! I've deliberately left many chores for the next four days in order to keep myself busy. That seems to be the best way for me to get through the stress.

Richard is just incredible with this whole thing....or maybe he's just good at not letting his worries show. He's still suffering with side effects from the chemo. so I believe that is in the forefront of his mind right now. He's very achy and has frequent chills that are almost immobilizing. The muscle and joint pain make walking very painful....and he seems the most comfortable sitting in his chair with all his books, daytimer, phone and T.V. available. He is able to handle all of this with such beautiful grace. He hasn't lost his beautiful light....it still surrounds him.....letting me know that his soul is at peace with what is happening...reminding me that his faith is unfaltering. He continues to be my teacher. I often stand in awe!!!!

We know that we are surrounded by angels.....angels on this earthly plain and angels that surround us that we cannot see. We believe that somewhere this challenge makes sense...... All of our angels help us with the "how" of living with this disease. We are touched daily by so many acts of kindness.... Our hearts are full of love and thankfulness for all that we have. Thank you for continuing to keep Richard in your thoughts and prayers.

Love, love, love,

Sherri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh oh oh !! tuesday!!?? oh my..... i am walking on tiptoes right now, trying to take deep breaths and let go of the worry....

and it's only me!

i simply cannot wrap my thoughts around being the two of you right now...

such strong wonderful amazingly graceful teachers you both are--

you are both in every thought... this weekend especially....

Anonymous said...

Sherri, You are doing good my friend so good. I remember the PMS, it was such a vulnerable, uncertain feeling. I am thinking of you both as you move through this MRI and the waiting period for results. Yes you do have many angels around you earthly ones and the spiritual ones. I am a earthly one and John is looking out for you spiritually.Take Care and maintain a hopeful, positive spirit to get you through this once again very difficult time. Love, Peace and Hope, Michele w/o John forever 46yrs.

Trueda said...

Sherri,

Michele said it so well - you are doing so good. I can relate to all the PMS symptoms you mentioned! Joshua's next one is on the 18th, and I'm already starting to feel it!! I, too, try to keep busy, but I bet you are way more productive than I!

I'll be thinking of you two a lot between now and Tuesday afternoon.

hugs and prayers,
Trueda