Saturday, December 8, 2007

BRRR!!!! Baby it's cold outside!!!

It is sosososo cold here!!! Winter is fast approaching (technically on the 21st...my sweet boy's birthday.....but it feels like it is here right now!!!!)! The best part about the cold is that my dog poop picking-up duty is much easier when everything is frozen (probably TMI...sorry).

I wanted to catch everyone up on some important happenings during these past couple of weeks. First....it was Dana's 25th birthday this past Tuesday. We all went out to dinner last weekend (during the big snow!!!) and had a fabulous meal at Nimbus. Then we came home and continued the celebration with a confetti, boxed, birthday cake (Dana's choice) and ice-cream. It was a special time for all of us. The meal was amazing!!!! Here's some pics.

This is a picture of Dana, his Mom and I. Isn't Dana the cutest thing? I am so proud of the kind of wonderful man he is. He has been an amazing support for his Dad and I. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

O.K. Here's precious Jason chowing down on a raw oyster!!!! Yes....I said a raw oyster!!! We all watched in fascination as he chewed this puppy with great delight! He's always willing to try anything!
Emily and Jason are such a great looking couple! And what's so great about them is that they are so nice! I'm always touched by their sweetness.


Yesterday we went down to Everett to have dinner with Richard's sister, family and friends in celebration of her 50th birthday. We had a wonderful time and dinner was yummy. I worried about Richard driving down there after a long week....but as always, he was a trooper, and we had no problems. It was a nice evening for us. I love these pictures of Richard showing off his bald head. It was darling watching him and his Dad.


This is a picture of Richard and Pam with Vicki and Don. These four have been close friends since childhood. I love listening to stories about their escapades. It was nice that they could all be together for Pam's birthday.

As Richard has told you, Monday is his last day of radiation. It's hard to believe that 6 weeks have already gone by. Last week we saw both the radiologist and the oncologist and have now been prepped for the next phase of Richard's treatment. He gets a month off....which we have been warned may still be difficult, physically, for Richard since the effects of radiation will continue for quite a while. But we're both looking forward to no appointments, no chemo., and of course, the holidays!!!

I will miss the Cancer Treatment Center (that is so wierd but I will!!!). They have been so wonderful to us. Last week I went in and watched Richard's treatment. That was awesome!!! My poor baby!!!! It looks so scary. They tried to explain everything they were doing and then took me to the master computer as they did the treatment. They have Richard on camera the entire time and he didn't move a muscle. I don't know how he has done this for six weeks with such courage and grace. He trully is my hero.

The treatments (both chemo. and the radiation) have had their physical affects on Richard. The nice part about the whole thing is that it's all been cummulative so it's been slow; however he has struggled. What I notice is that when he gets tired, usually in the afternoon, he becomes very quiet and listless. He seems to get easily confused and has difficulty putting his words and thoughts together. A couple of weeks ago I expressed my concerns to the radiologist and he increased Richard's steroids (which the doctor said was typically needed during brain radiation). That has helped immensely with all of the negative complications; although it has caused some issues with sleeping, anxiousness and the "hungry horrors"....but he's absolutely a total miracle.

Looking back, I am still so shocked that all of this has happened to us. We often find ourselves talking about how amazing all of this has been. But....there have been many blessings and so many very special moments...especially between my husband and I. I am so thankful for this time together. We are so aware of the preciousness of this awakening. Truly, I leave nothing unsaid. I never stop myself from touching him. I never hesitate to look deeply into his beautiful eyes and I never stop thanking the Universe for such a beautiful partner. On the day we were told about Richard's brain tumor my life totally changed. I am walking with a new view and with a new sense of my own clarity. That has been one of the many blessings.

I am thankful for all of you. I feel you out there! Thank you for standing beside us.

Blessings,

Sherri

No comments: