Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2008

Richard and I spent the week before Christmas suffering with the Noro Virus!!! Man.....that was a meaningful experience for a husband and wife to share. I am way too cute to have something as ugly as this virus. Richard, of course, handled it with grace while I had to whimper around for a number of days....whining and extending the virus further than most. It seems that with my diabetes any kind of "illness" hangs on with me. Noro and I got way too close, however...Both Richard and I were very glad to see her go!!!!


Our son Alex turned 24 on December 21st!!!! We were able to go over to Orcas Island (such a beautiful place) to visit him for the evening of his birthday. Since we had to bring Noro too, our visit was short.....but we had sosososo much fun with Alex. We were able to take him and his friend Will (a wonderful guy) out for a fabulous dinner at Deer Harbor and then just spend the evening with Alex....seeing his new computer shop and the house where he lives. He seems so happy and centered. He has a new job at the Orcas Market and is settling in to all those new responsibilities. It was a wonderful visit.

Christmas Eve and Christmas were very special. This year it felt sososo important to have a GREAT Christmas....which can often lead to a lot of stress. Being sick helped me realize, once again, the importance of relationships, family and friends.....and how trivial most of the things I worry about really are. We didn't bake cookies, go way out on food preparation, decorate beyond belief or buy tons of gifts. We just didn't have time. And....guess what? We had a beautiful time with our children and our families....even without all the silly trappings. What a wonderful lesson for me.....Again.......I am being blessed, constantly, by lessons and love.

Richard and I have spent a lot of time, during this Holidays, remembering all the beautiful people who have helped us during these past four months and even more time being thankful for so much. We both share a new warmth which is a result of the discovery of true family and friends. We often sit in awe of the light that has surrounded us. Sometimes I look at Richard and he seems to be glowing....I understand that luminescence as pure love....within him, of course.....but also given to him from others. He is at his most beautiful at these moments.

I know this is short....but we have very early bedtimes here....and Richard has already started the nightly routine. I love to join him and "snuggle" close......but I did want to at least check in and let you all know that we are doing fine and loving everything and everyone with passion. We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that you are preparing for a special New Years celebration. I promise.....I will write more very shortly!!!!

No comments: