Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Today is Richard's MRI!!!



I'm taking some time out this morning to write a little entry regarding Richard's MRI which is scheduled for today. We will get the results tomorrow at an afternoon doctor's appointment with his radiologist. We are anticipating absolutely no problems....however.....I know....by now, I feel like I know it intimately, the power of thoughtful creation....and so I would like to invite everyone to join us in creating a positive result from these tests. I've been seeing his brain full of healthy brain tissue and the place where the tumor was is full of twinkling stars...fascinating in their shimmer and beauty. I've also been seeing his body as warm, filled with bright beautiful colors....a place where only "good" can be made. When I look in Rick's eyes....I see such strength and courage. I wish you all could have that quiet strength living with you.... It is an awesome experience living with a man who moves with such an amazing faith. He has no need to question anything.....He just believes!!!!

I have joined an on-line support group. In some respects it has been an answer to prayer for me because I have found a community that really understands the journey of a caregiver of people with GBMs. However, daily, I am also reminded of the ugliness of the world of GBMs and the devastatinng affects they can have on people and their families. Being the caregiver of a brain trauma patient can be very different from caring for patients with other illnesses. When the brain is involved there are many nuances that are there....that many wouldn't even notice....but that are glaring for the patient and the caregiver. Assisting the brain trauma patient is an art (I am learning!!!) and I'm so relieved that I have found a place where I can ask questions, gain knowledge, receive support for my struggles and talk openly with people who understand.
After reading so many testimonials from the caregiver group I have become aware of all the many miracles of our own journey. Most GBMs truly are not so limited to one chamber of the brain....and typically, after surgery, there is tumor left or there is significant brain damage where the person must recover from many serious deficits. Richard was so blessed in many ways....his tumor was isolated to his right temporal lobe, they got it all, plus margins all around it, he came away from the surgery with minimal deficits, we found an amazing surgeon and subsequently a fabulous radiologist and oncologist, he qualified for a great clinical trial, and he tolerated the radiology and first round of chemo with only some complications. All those things put him in an excellent, statistical place.
Our job now is to face this next round of tests and then move into the heavier round of chemo with the same strength and determination.....but mostly with the same mindfulness and thought. We can do it!!!!! At times it feels daunting....but then I remember the MANY blessings that have come to us, the things we have learned, the grace that seems to blanket our home and the beautiful angels that have stuck by us....and I know we can do anything.
Thank you again......you are our light!!!!! Keep shining and loving!!!
Love Sherri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard and Sherri, My thoughts of you both are vibrant colors, the stars are twinkling brightly between Panora Ia and your home, my candle is vivid and burning bright with positive energy , thoughts and prayers for both of you as you face phase 2 of this treatment. YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Peace and Hope, Michele w/o John 46 AAIII in a clinical trial of Avastin/Tarceva started 11/07 last MRI 12/26 Tumor is stable at this time. Living life to the fullest.......................www.caringbridge.com/visit/johnwebb