Thursday, January 3, 2008

Our News!!!

We just got home from the doctors....and I wanted to let everyone know the results of the MRI that was taken yesterday!!! First of all...may I say that Richard has the most beautiful brain in the world. The doctor showed us the pictures and I was totally in awe of the sparkles that I could see dusted throughout all of his "matter"!!!! The doctor reported that Richard's brain shows NO SIGN OF TUMOR GROWTH!!!!!! It's clean and shiny and the only things there are the things that are suppose to be there!!!! ALLEUIA!!!!!

We were also told, at this appointment, that Richard will be on the experimental arm of the Temador trial. That means that he will receive chemo for 21 days and then will have 7 days off. On this arm he will actually be receiving more chemo but it will be spread out over 21 days. The first month he will be on the same amount of chemo he has been on....during month two they may bump him up. This regime will last for six months. At that point they will re-evaluate and he could take six more months if it is needed. His next MRI will be at the end of March.

Because he is no longer receiving the radiation Richard will be able to take his chemo at any time during the day. It is recommended that he take it at bedtime with a Zofran (the anti-nausea medication). Hopefully, that will take care of most of the nausea. Our insurance company has OK'd two Zofran a day so if he does have nausea he can have more medication. The rest of the side effects of the chemo are the same as before.

Richard really wants to work full time. Of course that has me worried a little since I know that he struggled with fatigue when he took the Temador before...but my husband is amazingly determined. We'll just have to see how he does. He knows himself very well and I trust that he'll be smart about the amount of work he does.

I am feeling so happy!!!! Again.....an affirmation of the power of collective, positive thinking and creation. I felt you all with us yesterday and today (actually I've been aware of a warm, glowing precence throughout this whole experience)! I know that together we are creating this miracle. Thank you for remembering us and for holding us close.

I believe that Richard has so much left to do on this Earth. He is such a teacher. His tenderness and sensitivity makes him such a powerful leader. His unassuming precence helps people approach him, tell him their own stories and then listen to his words. His belief and faith are incredible. He is smart. He is sososo funny. He is creative. Everything that has happened in his life has prepared him for this experience and through this experience he continues to be a leader and a model.

This evening I am full of joy....joy for Richard's health. I'm going to light candles everywhere tonight....seeing each one of you in their glow.

Love Sher

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard and Sherri, I just could not wait to get on your blog this am and read the positive good news. Praise God. I am so happy, happy, happy. My light continues to burn brightly for you both. Celebrate this promising news and forge ahead with the treatment to kick this GBM butt. Love from Iowa,John and Michele Webb

Grandma Lise said...

Doing the dance...congratulations!

Lisa P.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news! We look forward to seeing you both tomorrow!

Love Joe & Karen

Buteoj said...

Richard and Sherri:
we are elated and feel a grand blessing for you both is still to come. wonderful news. we'd hoped and prayed! much love, Karen and Chris