Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Special Day in January!!!


I wanted to write and let everyone know how Richard is doing on his chemotherapy!!! He began the regime on Saturday evening. I am pleased to announce that he is doing quite well. He has no nausea (with the anti-nausea medication) and has been able to work full-time!!! He is the miracle man for sure. I've noticed that he seems more tired but so far that hasn't interrupted his life in any way. He is amazing! (How many times have I said that since this roller-coaster ride began????? Not enough...that I know for sure!)

Richard went to see Dr. Congdon (no!!! not Condom!!!), his oncologist, this week. The doctor went on and on about how wonderful Richard is doing. I missed the trip (a sick tummy) but Richard's Mom went in my place. Pam also joined them for the visit. She is such a blessing! Dr. Congdon is definately one of our favorites. He is so kind and gentle. I guess Rick's Mom instantly had a crush on him!!!!

I wanted to include some pictures of our Holidays. I know these are very late....but they are so precious to me; I wanted to share them with you. Pictures and memories have a whole new meaning for me now. I need to have pictures of everything to the point of obnoxiousness. It feels sosososo important!


When we arrived at my sister and brother-in-law's house for Christmas Eve Richard (my brother-in-law...I know it's confusing) had his collection of baseball caps on the table for my Richard to choose from. It was the most touching thing!!! Richard Arnold has been collecting these caps for years and wanted to supply my Richard with as many as he wanted for his sweet, little bald head. Richard and I were very touched. Of course one of Richard's choices was the hat with a stuffed Husky Dog Head on it!!!! Do you like my Richard's Santa robe????? He looked quite festive!


Our new house looked so beautiful with all of our Christmas decorations! It truly is "home"!!!

Here we are on Christmas day!!! That's Jamaica in my arms! Doesn't Richard's unhair look great!!! He's so cute....he rubs his head all the time....I do too :)!

Alex has always loved dogs and I think he and Mali have an amazing bond. She's such a little puppy. She loves it when her brothers and sisters come home for a visit.

On Christmas day we had a wild game of "Taboo". I'm pleased to report that Emily and I won the game!!!!!

Here's the Family. What a lovely group we are!!!! Richard looks so happy. I think he is most happy when he is surrounded by all his family.

On the Friday of the week of Christmas Dana bought us tickets to the Omni Cinema at the Seattle Science Center and the Underground Seattle Tour. It was a fabulous day. We all had so much fun!!! It was such a thoughtful and perfect Christmas present. Dana is the head you see between Richard and Emily. He got the short chair!!!

Well....I guess that is it for now. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new great niece. My nephew Chris and his wife Kim are having a baby very soon. She is in labor RIGHT NOW!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!

3 comments:

Trueda said...

Sherri,

I love the pictures! And I am so happy that all is going well with you guys. Yeah for no nausea and being able to do his day job!

Hope to visit again soon.

Trueda

Anonymous said...

Sherri, I enjoyed ths pics so much. Keep making those cherished memories.I am also so grateful for Richard that he is able to carry on and work, I know for my husband, John ,his work is what keeps his mind strong and his attitude so positive. To be productive is hugely important to John and it works for him. I still harp on him to slow down and rest but he know what he needs to do.
Take Care and Stay Strong, Michele

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Oh, the happiness just radiates from your writing! It is wonderful that you and Richard are doing so well.