Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A trip to Seattle!!!

Today I took a break from everything and went on the train to Seattle with my 89 year old Mother. We went to meet my sister and her husband (Richard!!!) and then to go see my new Great Niece, Nevina Faline. The train ride was pretty magical. Just being able to spend 2 1/2 hours with my Mom with absolutely no interruptions other then the beautiful views was a treat!!!! We chatted and really enjoyed the scenery as the conductor did the driving for us. The train is a wonderful way to travel.

We were met at the station by Jodee, Richard and my other great niece, Ruby (age 3). Ruby is darling and she and I are getting to know each other. I, unfortunately, don't ge to see her often enough. When I do it is always a very special time for me. I love her pure joy and twinkle. I think she and I are kindred spirits somehow. She gets me!!! I love that!

Seeing my nephew Chris and his wife Kim was such great experience. The baby is beautiful. Such a gift to our family. When Chris walked out with her my breath was taken away. She is a beautiful baby....peaches and cream complexion, beautiful eyes and little "rose bud" lips that are so sweet. Our family does make gorgeous babies. I couldn't believe that she was just four days old. Kim looked absolutely beautiful too!!!! She was so positive about the whole experience of giving birth and of now being a mother. She was sosososo gracious in welcoming us. Chris and Kim are both going to be awesome parents. Here are some pictures of my Mom with Nevina and also my Mom with my nephew Chris. In the first picture you can see a little bit of Ruby. I wish I had gotten one of just her. She is quite a treasure.



I've always been so proud of my nephews, Chris and Anthony. They are wonderful men. It has been such a blessing for me to be able to watch them move throughout life. They're actually quite incredible...... They are now working together, along with Anthony's wife Andrea, at their tea shop called Remedy. I love it there and I love the concept that they have come up with. They are amazing.

After we saw Kim and the baby for a while, we all went out for lunch and met my other nephew Anthony (Ruby's Daddy). We had such a good time during our meal. I tried to get caught up with Anthony......and I loved watching him as a parent with Ruby. Wow!!!!! He is incredible with her. So loving and warm, always reaching for those teachable moments, so proud of her.... He is raising a wonderful little girl and I can see him throughout so much of her own personality.

We also stopped at the tea shop to enjoy a cup of my favorite tea (Red Satin) and to see Andrea (Ruby's Mommy). Oh my gosh!!!!! She is such a gifted woman and I was so glad to see her. She is sweet, compassionate and sincere. I love her smile and her confidence. I wish I could be as comfortable in my own skin as she is. She is amazing!!!!

I was thankful for the day. I'm sosososo proud of my family and love them deeply. Sometimes my love for them literally brings me to tears. I can't explain it....but they all are so important to me and don't think I have yet found the words to express that to them. They have all been a wonderful support to Richard and I. I love them so much!!!!

Blessings,

Sherri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you,Sher, doing something fun and yet rewarding just for you and your mom. She looks wonderful for 89! Wow!