Thursday, December 6, 2007

Radiation Done!

Here it is, Thursday evening, and I am realizing that I have only 2 more radiation treatments left! How great this will be!. Not that they have been terrible, in fact, I have been pleasantly surprised at how well I have seemed to tolerate them. I have had moments of extreme fatigue, some Minor skin irritation, an hair loss at the sites, but generally it hasn't been bad. Everyone at the radiation center are SO nice, it makes it kind of nice going there just to see them.

After this phase, I will continue on the temador for a 6 month cycle. The dose will be determined by which are of the clinical trial I am selected for.. It will really be simple with the need to take only a few pills a day. I will find this out next week. It will be either 5 days of high dose chemo followed by 23 days off, or 23 days of lower dose chemo with five days off.. So this experience is in no way over, but the gravity has lifted, I have healed and I look forward to the future with optimism and strength.

I have so much thanks and appreciation for all the wonderful friends, family and co-workers that have been here to support me through this last couple months.. I would especially like to thank all the wonderful women that have been a pert of Sherri's art life and the Stampadoodle crew. All the members of the SAS group have been SO wonderful and generous I can hardly find words to express my gratitude. I do have a strong spiritual faith, and I know that you are all angels come here to lift my spirit and the spirit of those whom I love above this darkness that seemed to swirl in from nowhere. you all have been a light in the darkness for Sherri and I during this time.

No comments: