Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our days without Radiation and Chemo!!!






These past two days have been very interesting for Richard and I. Since chemo and radiation have stopped we seem to have sosososo much more time on our hands. We're also in the thick of the Winter Darkness here in Bellingham. That means that basically by 3:30 it is dark and pretty unsafe for me to be outside doing anything by myself. It's at this time of year that I always begin to feel a little claustrophobic! Obviously...I need to get ALL my inside projects lined up! I have many!


Richard is feeling pretty good. He still complains of being tired but he is working six to seven hours a day and seems to be plugging along. Work is so terrific for him. I know, that while he is there, he is surrounded by people that love him dearly and that they are watching out for him. Richard is so darn lovable. He is very close to many of the people at his job. I am so thankful that he is able to continue doing as much as he is.


I'm doing O.K. too!!! I'm settling into a new rhythym here and asking myself what my near future may look like. I think from the moment that I heard Gittle (our doctor) say the words brain tumor, life as I knew it, changed forever. I, myself, changed dramatically. I never want to forget the importance of this experience and I want to give it the attention it deserves. I've always had to learn things the hard way....well I believe this brain tumor has been the boulder that I needed to make some positive moves in my own life.


This is all still unfolding and I'm not sure, yet, what the changes may look like. I suspect that to most they won't even be noticeable but for me it is time to move in a more purposeful, thoughtful direction. I have learned so much since this all began....maybe I was learning all along...but this experience definately solidified a great deal for me.


People ask me what I have been working on, creative wise, during these past few weeks. I wanted to show you some pictures of some jewelry I've been doing. The colors, twinkle, and movement brings me great joy. With my eyesight, people who have seen the bracelets have asked me how I do it. Between my numb hands and my fuzzy eyesight it can be difficult...but with lights, etc. it works out and I'm having a blast. The model is Emily. She has beautiful hands and shows the braceletys off beautifully. I hope that you like them.
This is a busy time for all of us. I love the Holidays but it's so easy to get totally overwhelmed with all the shoulda, woulda, couldas. We have so much to be thankful for. This seems to be the perfect time to count our blessings. That's what's really important.
You are all very close. I love you!
Blessings,
Sherri

No comments: