Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hello from Camp Swedish!!!!

Sherri here.....still here.....

I got to sleep in Richard's room last night, since his Father and his wife came over from Wenatchee for a visit. No rooms were available at the Inn and so I gave them my room. Richard and I had sosososo much fun.....and we had a great nurse who was a blast. It was the perfect night after a very scary few days.

It is amazing being at the hospital this long....I have met some amazing care givers, nurses and doctors, some amazing loved ones of some very sick patients, some amazingly loving cleaning folks....well the whole thing has shown us many, many blessings. I think we're doing well when we can still be so touched by the kindness of so many.

I know that Richard and I are doing great...trying to decipher the information, making lists with our many questions, trying to keep everyone informed of what's happening and only crying in our most private moments. Everyday, I fall deeper in love with this miraculous man. His courage, patience and kindness has touched me deeply. There's always a thank you, always a smile no matter how awful he feels and always a compliance with whatever the team of docs are recommending. I am so proud of him. He is truly a man of beautiful grace.

Well...the doctors should be trickling in soon. I need to drink my first cup of Starbucks and get ready for whatever the day may bring.

Love to all. Thank you for sending so many prayers our way. We feel the peace of the "healing light"!!!!!

Love Sherri

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard I hope they cut you loose soon. Home Sweet Home. Sherri Your love for Richard is so evident. I know I am honored to be on this journey with John as I am sure you are to be with Richard. We have learned so much about ourselves and so many others through this journey. I am taking each of these lessons with me for life. Hang on tight to eachother and stay strong. Healing light of a candle is burning here in Iowa for you both. Love, Peace and Hope, Michele

Deborah Moskowitz said...

Dearest Sherri and Richard....I'm sending you blessings from up here in Sedro-Woolley! Hard to believe that a little over a week ago I was at your house, setting up for a workshop and bidding you a good ride on your motorcycle, Richard! Hurry home...we all miss your shining light! I wish you both strength and healing energy!
Love and light, Deborah

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored to be getting your blog. I know I do not know you both physically but my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. I hope your time to go home comes soon.. hospitals are the pits.

Trueda said...

Hi Sherri and Richard,

Hey, Joshua and I are back in town. If you are still in the hospital tomorrow morning, we would like to come visit. You can reach me by email and let me know. I'll send my phone # to your email in case you don't have it with you.

love and prayers,
Trueda

Anonymous said...

Good evening my dear dear friends....we continue to send you love from the Great White North in the hopes that it will bring you both home soon! Please continue to remember that Kevin is available to assist you with questions to pester the doctors with...you need only ask! I find it so endearing periodically he'll rush over to his laptop and I'll ask what he's doing he'll reply in foreign verbage (to me anyway) and when I ask for clarification he just smiles saying it's for Richard....so know you ARE in our thoughts constantly! Love to you both! Joanne

Buteoj said...

sherri and richard: I bet you both looked so cute in your pajamas...glad
the staff is creating a wonderful nest when we wish we could do that for you. much love, karen and chris