Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home again

Always feels really good to be home again, even after just one night at Providence in Everett. It WAS a very long one day and night, as we were told to be there by 6:00 AM for placement of a Port-a-cath into my chest for administration of the next step in this process, a new and powerful blend of two chemotherapeutic agents which are designed to cut off the tumors blood supply, causing it to shrivel and die away (Avastin and CPT-11). I will be going to the the Providence Cancer Center in Everett, WA every 14 days for this treatment.

The short version of the story is that The port was not placed until nearly 4:00 PM.. this was after us expecting it to happen early, and me fasting from the midnight before. With Sherri there loving me throughout, my sister and Father there too, we all made it through the day intact. My Dr. came in and said I should just stay there for the night since the Port was in, and My fist Chemo was scheduled for the next day.

Today, after sleeping poorly last night, I AM feeling some Chemo effect with some loss of appetite and generally fatigued. Looking forward to curling into bed again and sleeping sound tonight.

My Love to all. More soon.


Richard

4 comments:

Betsey said...

Sleep well Richard!!
Love you, Betsey

Anonymous said...

Richard,

You are right - home is the best place to be, especially in comparison to the hospital. Get some rest and feel better soon. I'm sending prayers and visualizations of the new chemo protocol starving those nasty cancerous brain cells!

Trueda

Anonymous said...

Richard, There is no place like home. Snuggle in and get some rest. Healing energy and peaceful understanding prayers are being said for you and Sherri. Love, Peace and Hope, Michele

Grandma Lise said...

Good to hear from you Richard. It's really unfortunate you had to wait so long to get your port. You must have been so-o-o hungry. Thankfully, you had Sherri at your side. Glad you are both home again.

Lisa P.