Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I've been trying to post all day.....but the preparations and fesitivities of the Holiday seemed to take precedent over everything else! Finally, Richard is snug in bed, sleeping away, and I have a free moment.

I've been thinking about the many angels in our lives. This experience has brought me so many awarenesses...the most significant has been the awareness that my life is richly abundant with beautiful, compassionate, giving people. I am so thankful for our family and friends. We have been touched, over and over, by the generosity and love that has been shown to us. Often, I have felt such "awe" by the grace of all of you. You have truly taught me so much that I will carry with me for years. Mainly...you have shown me how to care and love people at times when they are struggling. I will never forget this gentle lesson that you have demonstrated for me....and I promise....I will "Pass It On".

Of course....I am thankful for Richard's amazing strength...both physically and emotionally. Eventhough he has struggled with his treatments....I am very aware that he is doing remarkably well considering the acuteness of his illness. To say I am proud of my husband seems so silly.... He truly is the most amazing person I know. He has given me so much and I am blessed to be able to stand with him through this experience. He, too, is a gentle teacher....very kind and patient. What seems particularly special, is that he truly sees only the "good" in me....and makes that part of me only stronger.

We were surrounded today by our beautiful children and our Mothers. It was a perfect Thanksgiving!!! I hope that all of you experienced a wonderful and yummy day.

I love you, always!!!

Sherri

3 comments:

Buteoj said...

We are so very 'thank full' that Richard is here and thriving and that you all have such a great group of angels to support you!
From the East to the West, you are loved and cherished.

K & C

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Blessing to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Sherri, So glad to hear that you enjoyed Thanksgiving it is a great time of year to reflect and be grateful for all that we have. This BT world is quite the learning experience. So glad to hear that you have found comfort in all the friends and family that care so deeply for you. Draw strength from that in your weak moments. To more fun, memory making holidays. Michele