Thursday, October 18, 2007

Being Home!!!!


Oh we ALL had a wonderful day!!! Our dogs are loving having us home together!!! They've never had it so good!!! Jamaica gets to sleep all morning and have both of us giving him pets and kisses when we walk by him. His life is wonderful these days.
We went to see our Naturopath, Mark Steinberg today. It was a great visit. I've been seeing Mark for years and therefore he knows Richard pretty well. In Richard's and my review of GBM trreatments (especially treatment plans forwarded to us from GBM patients) we have noticed that those individuals with a more "Holistic" treatment plan seem to have a longer survival rate. Given Richard's and my background and experience in alternative medical care we both feel strongly that Mark's expertise can only enhance the treatment protocols of Western Medicine. I know that with Mark's help, Richard will have the strongest auto-immune system possible and that some of the problematic side effects of chemo. and radiation will definately be minimized. It was such a great visit!!! We both feel really good about his adjunct ideas.
We are both prepared for some questions from our western medical team providers. We have both had experience having to justify our beliefs in adjunct therapies and are prepared to smile, nod our heads, listen carefully and then leave ready to make our own decisions regarding what our entire treatment package will look like. Our goal will be to always work toward keeping Richard as healthy and strong as possible throughout this experience. This step will take more courage....because some may disagree with adding this component but Richard and I are in total agreement. It feels right for us!!!
The rest of the day was great!!!! I, of course, have to maintain my "cuteness" and tendency toward the eccentric through this cancer interruption.......I had a fun time getting my haircut and my eyebrows and upper lip waxed (ouch....I kept thinking, as she yanked my little eyebrow and upper lip hair out by the roots, that surely this can't hurt as much as Richard getting 12 stitches without any numbing!!!!). Today I also put on ALL my bracelets, necklaces, cool earrings and fun make-up. Don't ask what got into me.....just a little "self-care" on my part.
While I was out I met my beautiful friend Tracy (who many of you will know because she has driven for me for years and years and years) for a yummy lunch. I love her so much. She and I have been through so much together over the past twelve years. It was wonderful seeing her and I only thought of Richard about 10,000 times during our outing. I felt so warmed by her just listening to me....she is an amazing listener. Thank you Tracy!!!
So tonight we're waiting for Pam, Richard's sister, to arrive from Everett for the evening. She will join us for our radiology appointment tomorrow. Pam is our other ears.....she's very smart, warm and supportive. We have loved having her and her husband be part of our decision making process.
I'm off to make the guest room all cozy!!!!
Blessings to you all!!!

No comments: