Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dr Congdon

Quick update for Thursday, October 25th

Here I am with Dr. Jim Congdon at our first meeting on Oct 23ed. A really wonderful and again optimistic man who was willing to spend as much time with us as needed to answer all the questions we had. As you can see from our heads, we have something in common. ;-) He was in favor of the clinical trial and will take a big role in it's administration and monitoring. The following day, Sherri and I had a busy day in Bellingham meeting with the Clinical Trials Nurse at the cancer center, setting up my initial appointments for radiation and taking a few cognitive tests in order to set a baseline for future monitoring.

Next step is the start of radiation and chemotherapy on Monday. I am planning on returning to work part time as well next week depending on how the treatments effect me. It was suggested by Dr. Thompson that I try to create as much of a normal routine as possible during the treatments depending on how I feel.

Sherri and I continue to focus on health, and try to walk a mile or two every day. We have started a mindfulness meditation practice and are sincerely focusing on the gifts that this experience is bringing into our lives.

No comments: