Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tides have turned!


Wednesday the 10th, I woke up to a greatly reduced CSF pocket on the right temporal area! Great.. the MD at Swedish told us it would! I am much more comfortable without the large, tight pocket of fluid there on my face.

As you can see in the photo today, the swelling on my right is hardly noticeable!.

So the next step, possibly a big one, is tomorrow.. our follow up visit with the surgeon Dr. Mayberg at his office at Swedish. Not sure what info this visit will bring, but will update tomorrow evening. I am feeling GREAT today and looking forward to the day. Yesterday brought more visits from Angels, Sherry S. stopped by with wonderful homemade soup! I can hardly wait for dinner! Yum.. (yes, I am still on steroids). Thank you Sherry! The only physical issue that bothers me is the site of the arterial line in my left wrist. It was removed at discharge, but has continued to hurt.. the area is not swollen or red, but the artery hurts to touch and feels lumpy for about 8 inches up from the insertion site at the wrist. Kind of aches all the time.. I have tried warm, moist packs throughout the day yesterday which feel good when they are on there, but makes little difference after.. Probably one of those issues that will resolve itself over time. I will definitely bring it up with the Dr. tomorrow.

With love to all..

Richard

2 comments:

Suzie said...

You and Sherri are never far from my thoughts and prayers. I pray that today will bring you both good news! Hope your wrist heals soon. Suzie

Anonymous said...

oh richard!

your face looks wonderful-- much better then monday--

you are both in my thoughts today as you make the trip back to seattle to find out the next step of your voyage--

i'm sure you will handle it with as much grace and strength as you have so far!!

and remember, tears and screaming are included in grace and strength!

di