Monday, October 22, 2007

Tha Mask

Looks like a facial with grandma's old pantie hose! Let's pretend OK! It was fun and did feel like a facial as the warm, wet plastic was stretched over my face then locked to the table. Soothing.. Actually, I had just come out of the CT scan machine and was being fitted for my "mask" which I will wear each weekday for 6 weeks during my radiation treatments. After it stretched and was formed to fit my face by Tod, the tech, it hardened. I can't wait to bring it home after this is over and have Sherri paint it in her fun and festive colors!

Sherri and Pam and I are heading to Monroe tomorrow to meet with Dr. Congdon who will be the physician in charge of the chemotherapy drugs. Dr. Mayberg told us a couple weeks back the Dr. Congdon will be my "quarterback". Interesting.. we have heard from several health care providers that he is "wonderful". Future visits with him will be at his Everett office, but tomorrow, he is in Monroe.. We have some important questions regarding the Stage 3 clinical trial which I may be participating in. Please see Kevin's comment on http://richardandsherri.blogspot.com/2007/10/day-of-decisions.html for an explanation of these clinical trials. Thank you Kevin!

P.S. it has not escaped Sherri's dirty mind that the name Congdon is very close to to the word "condom". She is now living in fear that she has inherited Nana's (her mother) habit of name switching! (Oh, the embarrassment!!)


Dr. Condom, here we come! ;-)

2 comments:

Joanne said...

ONLY Sherri could get away with saying something like that!!! Now I can well see her being worried about calling the poor man 'Dr Condom' accidentily *laugh* You gotta LOVE Sherri!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sherri - Just call him Doctor C

DUNE IS COMING SOON TO YOUR HOME

I am dead to everyone unless I become ... unless I become what I ... may ... be.

Only the water of life can free what can save us.

Older version of the scrip is at http://pages.eidosnet.co.uk/jon4a/main/script/script.htm