Thursday, October 4, 2007

Walk in the Park




As we live only a block from one of Bellingham's most beautiful large parks, Cornwall Park, Sherri, Mali, Jazzy and I have been taking advantage of sun breaks to walk a simple 1 mile loop around the park. It has been a beautiful experience especially with the the changing colors of fall really setting in. This is me withe the dogs hearing my new REI Gortex hat which very effectively kept my balding head and the many attached skin staples dry for our walk yesterday. I love it and really enjoy the fresh air, the smells and of course the companionship of these dogs which are so happy to join us. At home Mali (the retriever) will occasionally come over to me in my chair, lay her head in my lap and just stand there.. I can hear her asking, "are you OK?, Can I take you for a walk?" So sweet. For you dog people, you know that there is nothing like the love of a dog.. I am so happy that Dr. Mayberg told me "Walking is GREAT.. do as much as you can". And I am thankful that my sweet in laws Jodi and Richard Arnold took me to
REI to find my wonderful new hat.. nothing worse than rusty staples.. ;-) With Love to all.. Richard


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea, Mali!! Smiels says woof;)