Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hurry Home Richard!


Quiet morning for me.. up at 5:00 for some reading, writing, thinking.. listening to the inside of this quiet time of a rainy fall morning.. I love it!. I can feel the love of the souls that have surrounded me with love over this past few weeks.. I am touched beyond words with the depth of love and compassion that surrounds me. Thank you all!. I feel confident and strong with you at my side.


Yesterday was a fun filled day that has been the cumulation of a dream of mine for over a year now. As those of you who have followed my "Trader Joe's" saga, you know that I have been a big fan for may years and started a personal campaign to bring them to Bellingham several years ago. I know that I was only one in this cause and that together we succeeded as they opened the largest and most requested store in their history last Friday, Sept 28th.. As you can imagine, I was planning on being at the opening, but because of the tumor dropping into my life.. was going to miss it!. However, because of a beautiful angel in my life, my dream was able to come true on opening day after all. Thank you Gail.. I will always love you for that gift.. Here is a photo that she sent me n that opening day. Honestly, when I saw it, I could not stop crying for about an hour! Yesterday, Gail, Betsy and Sherri all took me to the store where we browsed and shopped for all the unique and special items that I have been dreaming of. The first of many trips to come.

With Deepest Love to All

Richard

2 comments:

Runner Gurl said...

Richard! Now you made ME cry!
xoxo

I loved being "with you" on opening day.... and it was an honor to be with you yesterday.

Rest! Neosporin! TJ fiber cakes!
I want you rested and ready to party for our next trip to OUR Trader Joes!

I am hugging you from here.

Love,
Gail

Dustin said...

Richard -
I can honestly say that it's because of people like you that this company is so special, unique and obviously successful in today's marketplace...and thus why I absolutely love and cherish working for them! Many, many thanks to you and your loyal following of "Joe's-heads" for your persistence in bringing the love to Bellingham...and here's to wishing you continued health and a speedy recovery from all of us here in your TJ's family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always!

Dustin

Dustin Hopper
Category Leader - Fresh Meat/Seaofod
Trader Joe's Company, Inc.
117 Kendrick St. Suite 700
Needham, MA 02135
781-453-1750
dhopper@traderjoes.com