Sunday, October 21, 2007

How we all do "self-care"!

Hello Family and Friends!!!

Just a short note to show you how we are ALL taking care of ourselves (Self-care seems to be an important part of this journey!!!). Pam couldn't wait to show us how she was taking cqre of herself. Last weekend, she and a really good friend went to a day spa and she had a facial and pedicure!!! Her toes were so pretty that Richard had to take a picture of them.


I, on the other hand, do "self-care" a little differently. I spend time out in the art studio making beautiful candles!!!! It was so nice to focus on the magical process of making these little chunks of glowing color.




Richard has spent the weekend relaxing and spending time on the Internet. He is learning so much about the world of brain tumors!!! He has met so many supportive, loving people on line. He seems to be comforted by their dialogues. I am so glad.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We feel your beautiful light.

Love Sherri




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherri, Well I got on and so enjoyed your entries. It was good to meet you on the braintumor suppport group and by reading the blog I am more familiar with you and your BT journey. I have to say I feel a strong connection to you. So many feelings you eloquently wrote about I rememeber vividly feeling. I am almost 4 yrs into this BT journey with my husband John. This reccurence in 6/07 has brought about a whole new batch of feelings going in a different direction than the intial diagnosis did. A whole new road I travel right now on this journey. Some feelings healing and some are scarier than what the beginning brought. As I read one entry this is a quote that came to mind and I have focused on it for 4 yrs. "I Can Be Changed By What Happens To Me But I Will Not Be Reduced By It" Maya Angelo. Keep sharing your thoughts and feelings. It is inspiring to all who read and helps all of us to grow and learn about the ever changing aspects of living life. I love your studio it looks like a cheery place to spend some time. Enjoy your day and remember you are not alone on this journey. Many of us are just a phone call or email away. Many of us have felt the same feelings you are feeling and just do not express them. It was comforting to read your blog Thank You. Love,Peace, Hope, Michele Webb visit us at www.caringbridge.com visit johnwebb

violette said...

Hi Sherrie,

I'm happy that you are creating candles......the very act of creating is transformative.

I was surprised and educated by Richards entry about the "face mask" for the radiation treatments. Wow.....all i can say is wow......thank you for sharing your journey with us. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Violette